A winner either way - Daily Bread

|

For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. – Philippians 1:21

Lois had just undergone cancer surgery and was alone with her thoughts. She had faced death before, but it had always been the death of people she had loved – not her own.

Suddenly she realized that losing someone she loved was more threatening to her than the possibility of losing her own life. She wondered why. She remembered that she had asked herself before her operation, "Am I ready to die?" Her immediate answer had been, and still was, "Yes, I am. Christ is my Lord and Savior."

With her readiness for death assured, she now needed to concentrate on living. Would it be in fear or in faith? Then God seemed to say, "I have saved you from eternal death. I want to save you from living in fear." Isaiah 43:1 came to mind: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; you are Mine."

Now Lois testifies, "Yes, I am His! That reality is more important than doctors telling me I have cancer." And then she adds, "I win either way!"

Lois’ insight is a convinced echo of Paul’s words in today’s text, "For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain." Let’s pray that those words will resonate in our heart. That confidence makes us a winner either way. – Joannie Yoder

Safe in the Lord, without a doubt,

By virtue of the blood;

For nothing can destroy the life

That’s hid with Christ in God. – Anon

READ: Philippians 1:15-26


We can really live if we are ready to die.

The Bible in one year:


• Isaiah 7-8

• Ephesians 2

0 comments: