Good workers - Daily Bread

|

Do you see a man who excels in his work? He will stand before kings. – Proverbs 22:29

During the early years of our marriage, my wife and I attempted to wallpaper our dingy Chicago apartment. We completed the project, but not without a great deal of difficulty. At one point I even had to remove a poorly-hung section of paper and go to the store to buy more. I learned to appreciate someone who could do a job like wallpapering with skill.

I marvel when I see a carpenter make things fit without measuring and remeasuring again and again. I admire the truckdriver who masterfully backs his big rig into a tight space more easily than I do a small trailer on a 16-foot-wide driveway. I take my hat off to the plumber who so easily and good-naturedly installed a water heater in a small, seemingly inaccessible area – especially when I think of all the frustration I experienced when trying to attach a simple water filter.

We read in today’s Scripture about the skilled designers and weavers who helped construct the tabernacle. Proverbs 22:29 says that a person who excels in his work "will stand before kings." And Paul wrote, "Whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord" (Colossians 3:23).

God is pleased with work done well. He honors good workers, and so should we. – Herb Vander Lugt

O Lord, I ask for strength to do

The task that You’ve assigned;

Help me to work with diligence,

Lest Your name be maligned. – Fasick


READ: Exodus 35:30-36:1


Work done well will receive God’s "Well done!"

The Bible in one year:


• Ezekiel 20-21

• James 5

0 comments: