It’s in God’s hands - Daily Bread

|

"Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord. – Romans 12:19

The world was horrified when Chechen rebels massacred hundreds of people held hostage in a school in Beslan, Russia. Many of the victims were children, including six belonging to the two Totiev brothers, who are active in Christian ministry.

One of the brothers reacted in a way that most of us would have a hard time choosing. He said, "Yes, we have an irreplaceable loss, but we cannot take revenge." He believes what the Lord says, as recorded in Romans 12:19, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay."

Some of us have difficulty getting rid of bitterness about small sights, to say nothing of major offenses like this family faced. Totiev’s attitude lets go of bitterness and doesn’t seek revenge. It abhors what is evil (v. 9), but doesn’t repay evil for evil (v. 17). What a difference there would be in marriages, families, churches, and in all our relationships if by the Holy Spirit’s enablement we were filled with a Christlike attitude that puts in God’s hands the injustices done to us.

Why not pause right now and search your heart. If there is any bitterness toward another or a desire for revenge, ask the Holy Spirit to help you not to be "overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good" (v. 21). – Vernon Grounds

Search me, O God, and know my heart today!

Try me, O Savior, know my thoughts I pray.

See if there be some wicked way in me;

Cleanse me from every sin, and set me free. – Orr


READ: Romans 12:9-21


Someday the scales of justice will be perfectly balanced.

The Bible in one year:


• Isaiah 39-40

• Colossians 4

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe that all of us should not have a heart of revenge or vengeance 'cause we'd never think of the consequences of what vengeance could bring to us as especially during the time when we're pissed with something.

Let everything go and allow the Lord to handle our fragile hearts. He'll take care of it and show us the right way.

Have a happy day David.

(: